Noria white wines are modeled after the flavor fingerprints of traditional Japanese sakes. They are especially made to balance the quiet shifts of flavor often found in Asian food.
This Chardonnay is modeled after a Japanese sake called Junmai-Ginjo.
Elegant aromas of apricot, lime, golden apple, honeysuckle as well as nuances of cardamom, tarragon, and basil. The decorous citrus flavor quickly develops on the palate. Lush, vibrant acidity is balanced well with a voluptuous mouthfeel. Hints of honey, caramel, and bay leaf add complexity and melt into a long finish.
• Seared scallops with beurre blanc
• Eggs Benedict
• Hazelnut-crusted, pan-fried fowl
• 100% Chardonnay
• Awarded Silver in 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Wine
• Balanced vibrancy, freshness and acidity
• Pretty, soft entrance structure
• Beautiful acidity and depth - made for delicate cuisine.
• Three clones (95/Wente/Hyde) from Sangiacomo Vineyard in Sonoma Coast and Carneros region
• Whole cluster press
• 100% barrel fermentation
• 10 months in 100% French Oak
• Two fermentations: 2/3 fermented commercial yeast, 1/3 naturally wild
Russian River Valley
This wine was created to pair especially well with delicate cuisine. A clean, soft and smooth taste, similar to Ginjo style sake.
Brilliant, light to medium straw color. With 3% gewurtzraminer, a lovely blossom of delicate fruit hits the nose with bright aromas of grapefruit, lime, pear, a hint of lychee, orange zest, bay leaf, flint stone, lemon grass, and pistachio. Yes, all that! Light kiss of neutral oak adds a supple mouth feel. Very long finish with juicy citrus. This is not grassy Sauvignon Blanc.
• Japanese tempura
• Yellowtail and white fish sushi
• Poached chicken breasts
• Mixed greens and creamy herb dressing
• Aged 6 months in neutral French oak barrels
• 97% Sauvignon Blanc, 3% Gewurtzraminer
• Only 50 cases available